- Information as of 12/04/2023 -
At 6:30 a.m., October 7, Hamas, the Iran-backed terror group controlling Gaza, launched an unprovoked and vicious surprise attack on Israel. Using rockets, paragliders, boats, motorcycles and other vehicles, and whatever other means they could, terrorists infiltrated Israel. Since the assault began, the world has watched in horror as more than 1,210 Israelis have been killed, 5,400 are wounded, and 137 are being held hostage by Hamas.
World leaders from across the globe have condemned Hamas’s unprovoked action and are standing in support of Israel and the right of the Jewish nation to defend itself. Corporations also have a powerful voice, and can act in ways to support their employees. We urge you to:
Speak out in support of Israel and the Jewish people:
- Express your support publicly. You can use this sample communication. Examples of corporate statements and actions taken by companies include Microsoft, SalesForce, Pfizer, Paramount, and major professional sports leagues such as the NBA, the NFL, and the MLB. Here’s an article with more examples of support from the tech sector.
- Send a message of love and support to Israel. We invite you and your employees to send messages to the people of Israel that will be aired on Israeli TV stations like i24.
- Uplift messages of solidarity on social media. Please stand with Israel and the Jewish people by sharing articles, graphics, social media posts, and other content with your networks. You can find the latest at AJC.org/AttackonIsrael or by following AJC on LinkedIn, X, Facebook, and Instagram.
Support Jewish employees:
- Let your employees know you are aware of the situation. Share a message of support internally using this template letter.
- Be aware of increased antisemitism. When there is conflict in the Middle East, antisemitism spikes across the globe. It’s a critical time for corporations to understand antisemitism, respond appropriately to it when it occurs, and seek to prevent it in the workplace. This resource can assist.
- Create a safe space. Many Jewish employees are experiencing grief and trauma. Create a safe space for employees to gather and get the support they need. If appropriate, allow for time off. Promote employee resource groups for Jewish staff, and work with them to issue internal and/or external statements when instances of antisemitism arise.
Provide Resources for people in need in Israel:
- Take part in AJC’s Israel Emergency Campaign: 100% of all donations are contributed to frontline Israeli NGOs, including hospitals and trauma centers.
AJC is available to help you craft statements, support employees, and otherwise address this difficult time. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. Thank you for your support of Israel and the Jewish people.