ALEF | ACCESS Leadership Fellowship
Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and New York City
AJC's ACCESS Leadership Fellowship (ALEF) is an eight-part series designed to give an elite group of young professionals an exclusive deep-dive into the work of AJC and ACCESS, AJC’s young professionals division. ALEF Is designed for young professionals aged 23-35, who are interested in becoming more involved with AJC. It serves as a thorough overview to the critical work of AJC by enhancing participants’ leadership skills, bolstering participants’ knowledge of the scope and scale of AJC’s work, equipping participants with advocacy skills and real-life advocacy experience, and creating a cohort of participants that will become involved within the young leadership of ACCESS.
Sessions of the Program
ALEF participants will engage in AJC’s mission: “to enhance the wellbeing of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world.” The fellowship will include sessions on:
- AJC’s approach to global Jewish advocacy with senior AJC leadership
- Off-the-record meetings with legislators and diplomats
- An inside look into AJC’s Israel advocacy approach
- Bridge-building with AJC’s intergroup and interreligious partners
- Combating antisemitism at home and abroad
Sessions will be held on one weeknight each month and will run from October 2020 through May 2021. Given the ongoing health crisis, sessions will be via Zoom video conference until it is safe to meet in-person.
Applying for ALEF
After filling out an initial application, potential participants will be contacted for an interview with their regional ACCESS staff.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the application deadline of October 2nd, 2020.
Responsibilities of ALEF Participants
- Attendance at all ALEF sessions.
- A minimum of $625 to the ACCESS annual campaign.
Privileges of ALEF Participants
- Recognition as part of AJC’s Marshall Society
- Invitations to exclusive Marshall Society events and opportunities with your AJC region and AJC Global
- Invitations to national Insider Briefing conference calls with AJC experts
After participation in ALEF, participants are encouraged to continue to stay involved in the ACCESS Marshall Society and to pursue future AJC leadership opportunities, such as joining the ACCESS regional board.
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 cohort is October 2, 2020. If you have any questions or want to learn more about the ACCESS Leadership Fellowship, please contact Ali Terkel, Associate Director of Programs, ACCESS Global, at firstname.lastname@example.org.