February 3, 2022
This week on “The View,” co-host Whoopi Goldberg wrongly claimed that the Holocaust “isn’t about race.” Though she apologized, ABC suspended her for two weeks. Writer Daniella Greenbaum, an Emmy award-winning former producer for “The View,” joins us to discuss how Goldberg’s comments demonstrate a widespread failure to understand Judaism but also present an opportunity to discuss the diversity of Judaism and comprehend antisemitism in its many forms. Then, on Daniel Pearl’s 20th yahrzeit (anniversary of his death), Manya Brachear Pashman pays moving tribute to the slain reporter.
- (0:40) Daniella Greenbaum
- (21:43) Manya Brachear Pashman
- Whoopi Goldberg isn’t the only one who doesn’t understand antisemitism | Daniella Greenbaum | The Washington Post
- How Whoopi Became Today's Hot Topic On "The View" | The Late Show with Stephen Colbert | CBS/YouTube
- Are Jews a Race? | Yair Rosenberg | The Atlantic
- What America Taught the Nazis | Ira Katznelson | The Atlantic
- Violin Instrumental | Royalty Free Music | Lion Free Music | YouTube
- Listen to our most recent episode: Recovering a Town’s Lost Sephardic Jewish Culture 77 Years After the Holocaust
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod on your favorite podcast app, and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: email@example.com.
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review, to help more listeners find us.