May 5, 2022
As the senior rabbi of Stephen Wise Free Synagogue in New York City, Rabbi Ammiel Hirsch believes Zionism is a core value of Judaism. Rabbi Hirsch sat down with guest host Laura Shaw Frank, AJC's Director of Contemporary Jewish Life, to discuss the danger of waning commitment to Israel among some Reform Jews, a recent delegation to the Poland-Ukraine border, and how being #JewishAndProud is as important to him as breathing.
- (0:40) Listeners on #JewishAndProud
- (2:59) Rabbi Ammiel Hirsch
- What does being Jewish mean to you? We want to know your answer. Call the People of the Pod hotline at 212-891-1336 and leave a message of a minute or less in our voicemail inbox. Don’t forget to include your name and city with your answer. You may hear your voice on a future episode!
- Urge the White House to Combat Domestic Antisemitism
- Urge Congress to Stand with Israel
- Urge Congress to Counter Russian Aggression
- Listen to our latest episode: How Do American Millennial Jews Feel About Israel?
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod on your favorite podcast app, and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review, to help more listeners find us.