Associate Director, Social Media
Flexible (within the U.S.)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Marketing and Communications Department seeks a skilled communicator who is a passionate advocate for Israel and the Jewish people to serve as Associate Director, Social Media.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter proficient in writing compelling copy that converts views and likes into clicks and reads. This position, which reports to AJC’s Director of Social Media, plays a key role in the day-to-day management and growth of AJC’s social media presence - the largest of any Jewish advocacy organization. This work will require availability outside normal work hours to respond to breaking developments. The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive.
The Associate Director, Social Media does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Draft and post a steady stream of content on AJC’s primary social media accounts that is consistent with the organization’s programmatic and advocacy priorities and policy positions;
- Assist in drafting and developing content for other AJC social media accounts;
- Coordinate with AJC issue experts, institutes, and offices, and offer support to other priority AJC social media accounts;
- Ensure brand integrity through consistency in tone, voice, and terminology;
- Spearhead AJC’s expansion on newer social media platforms;
- Closely follow relevant news and trending social media topics and develop AJC’s response in concert with organizational leadership and other key stakeholders;
- Work with the Assistant Director, Social Media to swiftly develop relevant video and graphics-based content in light of breaking news;
- Work with the Director of Social Media and AJC’s advertising team to create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers and convert followers into email constituents, activists, and donors;
- Provide expert guidance to AJC regional offices and programmatic institutes that maintain their own social media presence;
- Monitor, remove, and report comments, if necessary;
- Track the activities of other organizations active in our space;
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media that might be applicable for AJC;
- The Associate Director, Social Media will assume additional relevant responsibilities, as needed.
- Five to seven years’ work experience in the field of communications and social media;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect the Jewish people and Israel;
- Experience using social media analytics and listening tools;
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w10pjydx1bhljvp/