Assistant Director, Social Media (Tik Tok)
Flexible (Within the US)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Marketing and Communications Department seeks a versatile video creator who is a passionate advocate for Israel and the Jewish people to serve as Assistant Director, Social Media (TikTok).
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter prolific in creating TikToks and other 9x16 reels-based videos for social media. This candidate must be able to draft succinct and accurate copy and be comfortable in front of the camera. This position, which reports to AJC’s Director of Social Media, plays a key role in the creation and growth of AJC’s presence on TikTok. This work will require availability outside normal work hours to respond to breaking developments. The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive.
The Assistant Director, Social Media (Tik Tok) does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Spearhead and execute the launch of the AJC TikTok account;
- Develop a TikTok strategy in close collaboration with other members of the social media team, senior leadership, and AJC’s Alexander Young Leadership Department;
- Create and curate steady and engaging TikTok content, including videos, captions, and hashtags;
- Closely follow relevant news and trending social media topics and develop AJC’s response in concert with organizational leadership and other key stakeholders;
- Collaborate closely with the AJC’s Alexander Young Leadership Department to brainstorm content ideas for a young audience;
- Support AJC-affiliated college students and young leaders in their TikTok content creation;
- Optimize for TikTok content created for other platforms;
- Develop and maintain a content calendar for TikTok, ensuring a consistent posting schedule;
- Coordinate with relevant AJC issue experts and AJC’s content creation team on key messaging and content repurposing;
- Stay informed about TikTok algorithm updates and best practices to maximize organic reach;
- Build relationships with TikTok content creators and influencers and explore partnership opportunities;
- Manage user interactions on TikTok;
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends on TikTok that might be applicable to AJC;
- Assume additional relevant responsibilities as needed.
- Three to five years’ work experience in the field of social media video creation;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect the Jewish people and Israel;
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000, depending on relevant experience and location.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/wiekhl30nkt76f/