March 31, 2022
The Washington Post’s Jason Rezaian, who was held hostage by Iran for nearly two years and was released in a prisoner swap the day the 2015 Iran nuclear deal (JCPOA) went into effect, joins us to share his unique perspective on the reported nuclear deal emerging in negotiations between Tehran and world powers. Rezaian weighs in on what’s at stake in the talks and discusses the potential impact of the lifting of a number of sanctions and the removal of America’s terrorist designation of the Iranian regime’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
Then, we hear from AJC Abu Dhabi Program Director Reva Gorelick, who just returned from Israel where she accompanied AJC Project Interchange's first delegation of Middle East and North African (MENA) leaders.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- (0:40) Jason Rezaian
- (24:19) Manya Brachear Pashman and Reva Gorelick
- What is Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Why is it Designated a Terror Group by the United States?
- Learn about AJC’s Project Interchange
- Urge Congress to Stand with Israel
- Urge Congress to Counter Russian Aggression
- Listen to our latest episode: Setting the Record Straight on Israel’s Support for Ukraine
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod on your favorite podcast app, and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review, to help more listeners find us.