March 24, 2022
A false narrative has emerged about Israel’s alleged neutrality over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Lahav Harkov, senior diplomatic correspondent for The Jerusalem Post and co-host of their weekly podcast, joins us to set the record straight. Harkov explains how Israel is supporting Ukraine and the Ukrainian people, while avoiding provoking Syrian-based Russian troops on the democratic nation’s northern border.
Then, AJC Jerusalem Director Avital Leibovich shares a touching account of the AJC-sponsored plane that brought 101 Jewish Ukrainians to Israel and how Israel is welcoming Ukrainian refugees.
- (0:40) Lahav Harkov
- (15:26) Manya Brachear Pashman and Avital Leibovich
- AJC’s Emergency #StandWithUkraine Fund
- Urge Congress to Counter Russian Aggression
- Watch: Ukrainian Refugees Arrive in Israel!
- Listen to our latest episode: Clouded Futures and Big Hearts: What Life is Really Like for Ukrainian Refugees
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod on your favorite podcast app, and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: email@example.com
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review, to help more listeners find us.