July 14, 2022
This week, President Joe Biden is visiting the Middle East on a tour that includes Israel, the West Bank, and Saudi Arabia. Amid looming Iranian nuclear concerns, a shaky U.S.-Saudi relationship, and continued Israeli-Palestinian uncertainty, much work needs to be accomplished. How can President Biden strengthen the United States’ strategic presence in the region? What needs to be done to improve the United States’ connection to Saudi Arabia? How close are Israel and Saudi Arabia to normalization? Retired U.S. Ambassador Marc Sievers, Director of American Jewish Committee’s office in Abu Dhabi: The Sidney Lerner Center for Arab-Jewish Understanding, joins us this week to discuss these matters.
- (0:40) Marc Sievers
- Photo credit: Israeli Government Press Office (GPO)/Handout
- Watch the AJC Global Forum 2022 session: Winds of Change: The New Middle East
- View additional highlights from AJC Global Forum 2022: AJC.org/GlobalForumNews
- Listen to Marc Sievers on People of the Pod: The Historic Israel-UAE Meeting
- Learn more on Global Voice: What to Draw From President Biden’s Middle East Visit
- Listen to our latest episode: Antisemitism in Latin America: The Lasting Impact of the AMIA Attack
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod on your favorite podcast app, and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: email@example.com
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review, to help more listeners find us.