December 3, 2021
What can modern day advocates learn from the Hanukkah story to fight antisemitism and anti-Zionism? What can be done to make combating antisemitism a priority for elected officials?
As part of an unprecedented Jewish community Hanukkah initiative called Shine a Light, hear from Holly Huffnagle, AJC U.S. Director for Combating Antisemitism, Melanie Maron Pell, AJC Chief Field Operations Officer, and Julie Fishman Rayman, AJC Senior Director, Policy and Political Affairs, on answers to these questions and more.
We also speak with Nissim Black, Israeli-American musician and recording artist to discuss his spiritual journey and how the themes of Hanukkah, highlighted in his song “Eight Flames,” inspire him year-round.
- (0:40) Holly Huffnagle, Melanie Maron Pell, and Julie Fishman Rayman
- (32:49) Nissim Black
- Full AJC Advocacy Anywhere program: Action Not Apathy: Shine a Light on Antisemitism
- Urge the Senate to Replenish Israel’s Life-Saving Iron Dome System
- 87 Ways to Fight Antisemitism: Inside the EU's New Plan to Combat Jew Hatred - with Katharina von Schnurbein
- Historic UN Report on Antisemitism, Behind the Excavation of the Pilgrims' Path - with Ahmed Shaheed
- Nissim Black’s Hanukkah Song - Eight Flames
- THE DEAL podcast with Nissim Black