January 6, 2022
On January 6, 2021, a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, disrupting the joint session of Congress assembled to count electoral votes that would formalize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. Among the rioters were members of white supremacist groups, and symbols and signs of anti-Jewish hate. In a discussion guest hosted by Melanie Maron Pell, AJC’s Chief Field Operations Officer, we are joined by Holly Huffnagle, AJC's U.S. Director for Combating Antisemitism, and Rebecca Klein, AJC's Director of National Outreach, to unpack how the forces that fuel antisemitism also endanger American democracy.
- (0:40) Holly Huffnagle and Rebecca Klein
- (27:12) Manya Brachear Pashman and Melanie Maron Pell
- Listen to our most recent episode: That Time Jewish Comedian Alex Edelman Went to a White Nationalist Gathering
- Don’t forget to subscribe to People of the Pod and learn more at AJC.org/PeopleofthePod
- You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please be sure to tell your friends, tag us on social media with #PeopleofthePod, and hop onto Apple Podcasts to rate us and write a review to help more listeners find us.