Intern with AJC New York
American Jewish Committee (AJC) is the global advocacy organization for the Jewish people. We work to shape a brighter future by taking on the toughest challenges and pursuing the most transformative opportunities. One of 25 regional offices across the United States, AJC New York supports AJC’s global mission by cultivating and nurturing key relationships with UN ambassadors and consuls generals, members of elective office from City Council to Congress, and prominent ethnic and faith leaders throughout New York City.
The AJC New York Internship Program allows individuals to gain industry exposure and make valuable contributions in a challenging and rewarding work environment. Through mentorship and hands-on experiences, interns help advance AJC’s mission through innovative programs, research, media outreach, political advocacy, and diplomacy.
The AJC New York Internship Program is an unpaid internship open to college students, graduate students, and recent college graduates. Interns are expected to work at least ten hours per week, including some evenings as needed for programs and events.
• Academic Year (September - May)
• Fall (September - December)
• Spring (January - May)
• Summer (June - August)
• Assist AJC New York in the implementation of program development, advocacy, and briefings
• Help research information on current news, foreign and domestic policy (including state and local policy), special projects, and donor relations
• Support communication through database management, webpage updates, member correspondence, and outreach to partners and interlocutors
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational abilities
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple projects on a daily basis
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about community-building, intercultural dialogue, and international relations
How to Apply
Please submit an application at www.AJC.org/newyork/internship
Application Review Timeline
Fall and Full Academic Year: July-August
Questions? Email newyork@AJC.org with the Subject Line: Internship Program