Come To the Table
AJC's Thanksgiving campaign celebrating America's diversity
On this Thanksgiving – this uniquely American holiday – we urge all Americans to take a few moments to express gratitude for the gifts that we receive from our diverse country and to reflect on what makes the United States so incomparably special.
Join AJC and families across the country this Thanksgiving in using AJC’s Thanksgiving Reader America’s Table (go to www.AJC.org/ThanksgivingReader or see below) at your gatherings. Created in the wake of 9/11, this reader focuses on a timeless message: though the paths that led us to America were different, our nation was built on and draws its strength from those diverse experiences and the melding of many backgrounds and cultures.
We encourage you to:
- SHARE this reader with your congregants, constituents and networks
- PRINT copies for your Thanksgiving guests
- READ it out loud at your Thanksgiving table
- REFLECT on your American story and your family’s journey
- POST on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #ComeToTheTable to share your family’s American story, share photos of your Thanksgiving gathering, share a reflection about gratitude, etc. (Please tag @AJCGlobal)
AJC believes in an America where civility, diversity, and empathy are celebrated. AJC is truly thankful for all of our partners and friends who share this belief. Please #ComeToTheTable with AJC and the rest of America!
To view AJC's Thanksgiving Reader America's Table, you may need to click "enable flash" below. To print the Reader, please first download it and then print the downloaded PDF.