A program of AJC’s Community of Conscience
On this Thanksgiving – this uniquely American holiday – we urge all Americans to take a few moments to express gratitude for the gifts that we receive from our diverse country and to reflect on what makes the United States so incomparably special.
Join AJC and families across the country this Thanksgiving in using AJC’s Thanksgiving Reader America’s Table (go to www.AJC.org/ThanksgivingReader or see below) at your gatherings. Created in the wake of 9/11, this reader focuses on a timeless message: though the paths that led us to America were different, our nation was built on and draws its strength from those diverse experiences and the melding of many backgrounds and cultures. This year, as we gather – whether virtually or in person – to celebrate community and give thanks for our blessings, we invite you to make use of this annual edition of America’s Table to reflect on the life of our nation.
We encourage you to:
- SHARE this reader with your congregants, constituents, networks and family
- DOWNLOAD copies for those around your virtual Thanksgiving table
- READ it out loud at your Thanksgiving virtual table
- REFLECT on your American story and your family’s journey
- POST on social media using the hashtag #AmericasTable to share your family’s American story. Share photos of your Thanksgiving gathering, share a reflection about gratitude, etc. (Please tag @AJCGlobal)
AJC believes in an America where civility, diversity, and empathy are celebrated. We are grateful for our many partners who join in our commitment to creating a Community of Conscience.
We invite you to read the Community of Conscience nine principles and share our concern for the future of this great country, our appreciation of its fundamental strengths, our conviction that it must overcome its challenges, and our resolve to honor the American spirit.
To view AJC's Thanksgiving Reader America's Table, you may need to click "enable flash" below. To print the Reader, please first download it and then print the downloaded PDF.