Tackle! Project Manager (16-Month Part-Time Project Employment )
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC New Jersey is one of 24 regional offices in the United States that advance AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
AJC and Muflehun, in coordination with the Muslim-Jewish Advisory Council, will implement five training sessions in New Jersey for 100 community leaders. These sessions will train participants to identify and respond to individuals at risk of mobilizing to violence in tandem with other key stakeholders from diverse sectors. The multi-session curriculum applies a public health model to preventing hate-based violence by empowering communities with the skills to engage at-risk individuals at every stage of their development. The Tackle! Upstander training program is designed to help strengthen prevention frameworks against the threat of domestic terrorism and targeted violence.
The Tackle! Project Manager will focus on recruitment and management of training details for 100 community leaders to be trained in several cohorts from five prioritized counties in Northern and Central New Jersey, as well as a statewide virtual cohort. The Tackle! Project Manager will utilize AJC New Jersey and the Muslim-Jewish Advisory Council’s established connections to government officials, leaders of other faith communities, and the larger civil society, as well as connections from other sources for recruiting purposes and will develop a list of potential participants and will oversee the invitation process. The Tackle! Project Manager will also be responsible for maintaining records and collecting data that can be used in reporting.
The ideal candidate is a team player who works effectively with various stakeholders, but a self-starter who can work independently and lead initiatives. The person combines organizational acumen and professionalism with an avid interest in interfaith advocacy, bridge building, current events, and global affairs.
The Tackle! Project Manager must have strong communication and research skills, and be proficient in Word and Excel.
The Tackle! Project Manager does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets of invitees for each cohort
- Research appropriate leaders for invitations, including school superintendents, school safety resource officers, local elected officials and staff, local law enforcement officials, local religious leaders
- Draft and send invitation emails to cohort invitees
- Manage responses for each cohort
- Conduct follow-up with cohort participants
- Maintain records and collect data for reporting purposes
- Manage travel/logistics for out-of-state cohort facilitators
- Other relevant activities as required
Qualifications and required skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience, through employment or internships
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A team player who can also take initiative and work independently
- Enthusiasm and commitment for AJC’s mission
This part-time position requires 15-24 hours per week.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sjs4qcx1qoimln/