Senior Graphic Designer Marketing and Communications
Flexible – within the U.S.
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Graphics team in the Marketing and Communications Department seeks an energetic and highly capable Senior Graphic Designer to work closely with AJC’s Art Director and stakeholders throughout the agency.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for providing outstanding design and production of a variety of print and digital projects that further the AJC brand. This includes, but is not limited to, website graphics, email templates, social media graphics, newsletters, and fundraising and event collateral. This individual will be expected to oversee projects from initial concept through final completion, in consultation with the Art Director. This person will be part of a team that provides design support for all departments across the organization, so the ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while serving multiple internal staff clients at any given time. The Senior Graphic Designer will hold the lead role on key projects for the organization and will also be responsible for providing guidance and feedback to junior designer(s) on concepts and layout.
The Senior Graphic Designer does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Design attractive print and digital graphics that adhere to AJC’s visual identity and voice
- Collaborate with Art Director to implement standardizations within the department
- Style guide creation, disseminations, and adherence
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with colleagues throughout the agency, working collaboratively to translate their needs into innovative, eye-catching design solutions
- Review junior designer concepts and layouts to ensure quality and provide guidance on how to develop materials within the brand guidelines
- Organize and capture all visual requirements necessary to complete each aspect of a design project, including, but not limited to, searching for archived imagery, researching online stock photography houses, and requesting potential new photography
- Oversee changes to all design pieces, ensuring that images are correct, stock licenses have been purchased, and that copy edits are made properly so that correct content is maintained throughout production
- Ensure deliverables are completed on schedule
- For key AJC events coordinate with and provide art direction to event photographers
- Prepare final printer-ready files, submit to printers, and archive files appropriately
- When necessary, review for quality assurance purposes printed and fabricated materials
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends
- Support AJC regional and overseas offices and national departments with design and branding requests
- Ensure optimal format and functionality in both print and digital
- Review/troubleshoot web, email, and social media graphics to ensure all work is properly sized and rendering correctly
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and a mastery of visual communication
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Graphic Design
- 8+ years professional design experience, preferably with experience working production in an agency setting. Supervisory experience is a plus
- Understanding of best practices for formatting/exporting both print and web materials
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience working with a cloud based filing system and building/maintaining CC Library assets
- Experience working collaboratively
- Experience creating instructional guides for clients
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Strong organizational skills, experience using project management systems (familiarity with Asana a plus) and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn new programs, and maintaining up to date knowledge on technological advancements in the design industry
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, autonomy, and independence
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others to create and maintain a cooperative, successful team environment
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism with internal staff clients across the organization
- Strong communications and presentation skills in group settings
- Passion for AJC’s mission and familiarity with the organization’s work
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000, depending on relevant experience and location.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/wpso8aa1ki66bw/