Senior Designer, Social Media
Flexible within US
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Graphics team in the Marketing and Communications Department seeks an energetic and highly capable Senior Designer, Social Media to work closely with AJC’s Art Director.
The Senior Designer, Social Media is responsible for providing outstanding design and production of a variety of digital projects, primarily for social media. This includes, but is not limited to, sliders, cards, quote cards, profile and background images. This individual will be expected to oversee projects from initial concept through final completion, in consultation with the Art Director and AJC social media team members. This person will also be part of a team that aims to advance AJC’s brand across a variety of digital platforms and will play a large role in on and offline event-related design and concepting. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and knowledgeable about the policy-related issues that AJC advocates on.
The Senior Designer, Social Media does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Design attractive digital/social media graphics that adhere to AJC’s visual identity and voice
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with social media and event colleagues throughout the agency, working collaboratively to translate their needs into innovative, eye-catching design solutions via mockups and mood boards
- Organize and capture all visual requirements necessary to complete each aspect of a design project, including, but not limited to, searching for archived imagery, researching online stock photography houses, and requesting potential new photography
- Updating and maintaining social media and event design templates and other systems to ensure brand alignment throughout the agency.
- Coordinating with outside vendors, including preparing final files, submitting them to various stakeholders and vendors, and archiving files appropriately.
- Review/troubleshoot web, email, and social media graphics to ensure all work is properly sized and rendering correctly
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and a mastery of social media communication
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Graphic Design
- 5+ years professional design experience, preferably with experience working on issue-advocacy.
- Strong familiarity with creating graphics for all social media platforms and ads in each platform
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience working with a cloud based filing system and building/maintaining CC Library assets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, autonomy, and independence
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others to create and maintain a cooperative, successful team environment
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism with internal staff clients across the organization
- Passion for AJC’s mission and familiarity with the organization’s work
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/wnw983k1i2wkzd/