Senior Associate, Program Development (Project Interchange)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Senior Associate, Program Development is a key position that enables Project Interchange (PI) to maintain a robust annual slate of delegations. Project management, interpersonal skills, and organization are critical components of this role. As a key member of our program team, the Senior Program Associate will ensure smooth coordination amongst the program, alumni, and operations staff, enabling PI to advance its mission and AJC’s advocacy goals.
The Senior Program Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Support delegation recruitment process by preparing, sending, and tracking invitations to candidates, and conducting pre-delegation research.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for delegation participants and maintain ongoing communication.
- Coordinate and resolve travel and logistics for seminar participants, in close communication with AJC Jerusalem and the PI travel vendor.
- Develop and customize the pre-departure materials and evaluations for delegations.
- Schedule pre-delegation participant orientations and support assistant/associate director in preparing relevant materials.
- Research speakers, program sites and organizations.
- Organize post-seminar debriefings, ensuring evaluative and diagnostic materials are properly recorded and shared
- Research topics, identify speakers, and help to organize educational briefings for prospective participants, alumni, and PI lay leaders.
- Develop and implement information management systems, ensuring that outgoing documents, reports, and evaluations comply with AJC record keeping protocols and confidentiality agreements.
- Track delegation participants’ relevant social media posts while they are on the PI trip and share as appropriate.
- Gather and organize reports, quotes, social media posts, and photographs during each delegation in preparation for post-delegation donor reporting, PI annual report, and other PI marketing materials.
- Ensure PI delegation materials, news, or successes are directed as appropriate to relevant PI and AJC staff.
- Produce or update delegation related templates, ensuring accessibility to multiple users and standardizing processes.
- Accurately and efficiently process large amounts of information, extract, summarize, and convey information as appropriate for various stakeholders.
• BA/BS degree
• 3-4 years of relevant experience
• Discretion, good judgment, and excellent problem-solving
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and intercultural communication skills
• Excellent time & project management skills
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Event or travel planning experience a plus
• Ability to provide delegation support outside standard working hours, as needed
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently and in collaboration with colleagues
• Experience with ACCESS, Raiser’s Edge database, and Excel a plus
• Foreign language ability, and experience living or working outside of the US preferred
• Commitment to PI’s mission and objectives
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $57,000 to $61,000
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sox0zos0p8ldjb/