Senior Associate, Political Outreach
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Office of Political Outreach seeks a highly capable Senior Associate who will advance organizational priorities in the congressional arena as well as provide programmatic, operational, and administrative support for the department.
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit keen attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and complete varied tasks in a skillful and timely fashion, and a deep commitment to AJC’s global mission. The individual must also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
The Senior Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Senior Associate reports to and provides support to the Director of Political Outreach.
- Developing background information in advance of advocacy meetings for the Department of Regional Offices;
- Tracking AJC advocacy efforts, including records of congressional meetings, correspondence to members of Congress, advocacy successes, and impact;
- Building relationships and conducting advocacy meetings on Capitol Hill with staff and lay partners;
- Tracking legislation and staying up to date and knowledgeable on how AJC's priorities are reflected on Capitol Hill;
- Drafting correspondence to Capitol Hill on AJC’s work and policy priorities;
- Aiding in the development of advocacy content for the organization's website including action alerts;
- Supporting the Office of Political Outreach and OGIA in organizing and implementing AJC events and programs, including fly-ins, events on Capitol Hill, and programs on the sidelines of the Republican and Democratic National Convention;
- Assisting with fly-in advocacy meetings for AJC’s annual conference, the Global Forum, as well as other events, including planning, logistics, background materials, and training.
Personal Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree (political science, international relations or related field preferred, master's degree preferred) plus 1-3 years relevant work experience, including work in politics, lobbying and/or on Capitol Hill;
- Understanding of the U.S. political system and familiarity with the functions of Congress and the legislative process;
- Strong networking skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Experience in meeting coordination, event and conference planning;
- Interest in, and familiarity with, the policy priorities and issues of importance to AJC.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/qlbxf0z1lcu3o6/