Senior Associate, National Events
New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The National Events Department is responsible for overseeing event operations and logistics for the AJC Global Forum, Board of Governors meetings, Leadership Development and Board Engagement Institutes, and National Development events such as the NLC Fly In and Anniversary Missions. Each of these initiatives is designed and executed for current and prospective lay leaders to actively engage in AJC’s advocacy work. Through these events, the National Events Department helps raise awareness of AJC’s programmatic work, involve and develop lay leadership, and enhance understanding of and commitment to the agency’s priorities.
This National Events team member provides event production assistance in the planning and execution of all National events for AJC. This person is a key member of the department as the AJC Global Forum registration and customer service representative.
This position is ideal for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, fluent in all functions of Excel and Microsoft Office programs, passionate about global Jewish advocacy, and eager to learn and be immersed in event work. Knowledge of Cvent registration software is a plus.
The successful candidate must have strong skills in communications, be entrepreneurial and comfortable taking initiative in a fast-paced working environment, and ready to learn new event technologies. S/he must be a self-starting team player, who can work collaboratively with colleagues, but will also work very independently.
The Senior Associate does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Providing logistical coordination and managing registration for all of AJC’s National Events.
- Assisting with the preparation of agendas, meeting material, timelines and communications across all AJC departments that work with National Events;
- Supporting event choreography and logistics, including coordination of meeting space, audio visual equipment; Support the event agenda and troubleshoot needs for all National Events;
- Learning the AJC Global Forum registration software (Cvent) to manage the event registration database;
- Managing AJC Global Forum registration; helping process registrations, refund requests, session registration changes, building session selection;
- Coordinating the AJC Global Forum phone line and email address with Cvent Attendee Support to field inquiries and provide registration assistance with platinum customer service;
- Maintaining vendor relationships for ordering registration related materials and supplies (nametag holders, lanyards, ribbons, buttons, etc.);
- Creating, analyzing, and sending the AJC Global Forum Weekly Report; updating formulas and data as needed;
- Liaising with the Department of Regional Offices (DRO) on all aspects of participant registration, including providing weekly reports and analysis;
- Identifying staffing needs during the overall event, create and update the shift schedule, assign staff teams, and communicate all staff assignments to AJC colleagues and adjust as needed. Manage staff assignment vendor relationship (currently uTrac), agreements, creation of customized page and on-going maintenance of the shifts and app;
- Coordinating with Mailroom to ensure all meeting materials are printed and shipped, if needed;
- Preparing registration lists, nametag printing and distribution;
- Coordinating the on-site registration check-in and help-desk teams. Manage registration check-in equipment vendor relationships, agreements, and on-site needs;
- Liaising directly with IT, Office Services, and Security to ensure meeting needs are communicated to their departments;
- Liaising with Graphics Department to ensure all meeting materials needs are met and printed for meetings;
- Helping research off-site event locations as needed;
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, reconciliation of department credit card, preparation of project binders and materials in advance of programs, keeping electronic/paper filing organized and efficient;
- Working with Director and Associate Director on special projects as assigned;
- Providing administrative assistance as needed.
- Passion for event-based work with experience in some of the following strongly preferred: program/event planning, banquet services, hospitality industry, donor relations, project management.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- BA degree required.
- Must be highly proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work across multiple teams, internally and externally, to complete event-related tasks.
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems.
- Superior written, verbal, listening, and communications skills.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with high-level leaders.
- Be an exceptional team-player and be able to work well independently.
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours. Some travel required.
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative.
- A demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards and values consistent with those of AJC.
- Passion for the mission of AJC.
- Knowledge of Cvent a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r145puve1cqhdej/