Senior Associate, Human Rights
New York, NY
The Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights (JBI), founded in 1971, under the aegis of AJC, strives to narrow the gap between the promise of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights agreements and the realization of those rights in practice. It focuses on scholarship, education and advocacy to promote knowledge about and enhance the effectiveness of international human rights instruments and institutions. Among the human rights issues JBI has focused on are combating religious intolerance, including antisemitism, protecting the human rights of asylum-seekers, and strengthening the capacity of the United Nations and its independent human rights mechanisms to promote respect for and protect human rights, particularly in times of crisis.
The Senior Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
JBI SENIOR ASSOCIATE- HUMAN RIGHTS
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Strong familiarity with international human rights law.
- Advanced degree in law, public policy or international relations.
- At least three years of prior professional experience involving human rights research and/or advocacy.
- Strong writing and editorial skills; prior editorial experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively about international human rights issues with diverse audiences, ranging from diplomats to the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and interact with individuals of different backgrounds and beliefs.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to promoting respect for international human rights.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application to: JBI@ajc.org