Senior Associate, DRO
Long Island, NY (Remote)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships and serve as AJC’s eyes and ears on the ground.
This position works remotely with frequent in person interaction with Regional Director, lay leaders, prospective donors, political, diplomatic and interfaith/intergroup interlocutors, and others on Long Island.
The Senior Associate will assist the Regional Director in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives in coordination with the regional board. He/she will provide logistical,
organizational and administrative support for all office programs and activities.
The Senior Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Program Development and Implementation
- Manage all program logistics including securing venue and working with vendors
- Develop program budgets
- Ensure programs run smoothly by overseeing all onsite functions
- Create and distribute all necessary marketing materials including invitations, flyers, emails, and event program. Determine which materials are necessary for the event or meeting
- Manage coordination of travel arrangements for visiting speakers
- Facilitate mailings and email invitations as necessary
- Edit documents and spreadsheets as needed
- Update regional office website as needed. Work with Regional Director on strategy and design
- Create and publish office newsletter and emails on Luminate system. Use creativity and strategy for maximum impact
- Input data in Raiser’s Edge database
- Work with the Regional Director on communications, media relations, and social media strategy and implementation
- Work well with, and support, lay leadership
- Stay in regular communication with lay leaders about event participation and agreed upon responsibilities and tasks
- Recruit participants for national and regional programs. Work with Regional Director and national staff to develop effective talking points and strategies
- Supervision of interns as needed
- Conduct research on potential donors. Make suggestions for outreach by Regional Director and lay leadership
- Provide support to ensure that fundraising cultivation events run smoothly
- Coordinate materials for high-level donor meetings and fundraising related committee meetings and events
- Assist Regional Director with scheduling meetings and sending calendar invites and other activities, as needed. Suggest legislative, diplomatic, interfaith/intergroup and fundraising meetings to Regional Director and help in implementation
- Work with the Regional Director and lay leadership to maintain relationships with important AJC constituencies including political, government, diplomatic, media, ethnic and religious groups
- Represent AJC as needed at external meetings with partner agencies and in the community and speak on behalf of AJC when necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with important AJC constituencies in consultation with the Regional Director
- Stay abreast, and keep others informed, of news and analysis on issues of importance to AJC, including reading local Long Island publications on a daily basis
- Assist with advocacy efforts including monitoring legislation, outreach to community leaders, representatives of foreign governments and local state and federal officials
- Coordinate and attend advocacy meetings, including recruiting lay leadership, requesting background materials and taking notes
- Become a trained facilitator for the Leaders for Tomorrow (www.ajc.org/LFT) advocacy program and co-facilitate an eight-session program with the Regional Director running from September through May. Oversee students on a mission to Washington
- Recruit students for the LFT program and handle all logistical matters for sessions and events
- Work with Regional Director to implement successful LFT parent engagement strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years’ experience in event and/or meeting management or related area
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism, including showing up early to meetings and events and listening to and carrying out directions
- Passion for AJC’s mission (including Israel, combating antisemitism and promoting pluralism and democratic values)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make tough decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives
- Ability to develop and implement programs
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage data
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative
- Works well with diverse constituencies
- Familiarity and previous work with Long Island’s Jewish, political and interfaith/intergroup communities are a plus
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Applications and Eventbrite
- Availability for early morning, evening and weekend meetings
Long Island resident with long term plans to stay on Long Island preferred
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1swr6wy1h663bm/