Senior Associate, Development Operations
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
This position is a full-time position in AJC’s National Development Department based in our NYC Headquarters supporting Development Operations and reporting to the Senior Director of Development Operations.
The Senior Associate, Development Operations will have a three-pronged portfolio: to organize and execute AJC’s direct mail and marketing initiatives; manage data associated with AJC’s major gifts program; and assist with the sound operations of AJC’s development department.
The candidate must have excellent computer skills and be willing to learn and utilize new technology, exceptional organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
The Senior Associate, Development Operations does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Managing and Mining Data for AJC’s Community Campaign
- Circulate regular reports with information on donors who recently gave through the mail or online or participate in AJC programming.
- Manage the data importation of AJC’s mass market strategies, including Action Alerts, Advocacy Anywhere, etc.
- Develop methods to screen, rank, and analyze Community Campaign donors who are good, or outstanding, prospects for further cultivation and monitor progress by AJC Regional Offices.
- Assist Regional Office staff in conducting prospect research.
Coordinating AJC’s Community Campaign
- Help to plan, organize, and manage data and timelines for AJC’s Direct Mail campaign, including Summer Campaign and End of Year Campaign.
- Process all Direct Mail checks that arrive at AJC HQ.
- Serve as a liaison with external mailing vendors (ABData and Prestone).
Administration of and Assistance with AJC’s Major Gifts Strategy
- Assist in the administration and organization of AJC’s Reach for the Top initiative, including running reports and managing data.
- Assist in the administration and organization of AJC’s major gifts donor stewardship function.
- Assist in managing AJC CEO’s cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Help to maintain major gift pipeline reports.
- Enter interactions for senior AJC staff into Raisers Edge database.
- Research and determine strategies for new major Jewish philanthropic prospects on a regular basis.
- Assist with the completion of major donor gift acknowledgments.
Synthesize and Distribute Critical Data to AJC Staff
- Run, distribute, and conceive of reports critical to Development, Regional Office, and Office of the CEO operations.
- Assist in the design and distribution of campaign analytics and metrics.
- Provide information to program and regional staff on restricted and endowment funds.
- Develop a system to ensure that new restricted gifts are accurately processed.
- Assist with, and ultimately lead, annual data cleanup projects.
- Help to staff AJC’s donor hotline.
- Contribute creatively by helping to conceive and launch new development initiatives related to expanding AJC’s market penetration.
- Staff task forces that are established from time to time to improve certain processes and help to implement recommendations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of National AJC programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience at another nonprofit organization or related field
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically, to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously, to work effectively under pressure, and to follow through on agreed-upon timelines.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM database
- Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be able to multitask on a variety of projects and be highly detail-oriented.
- Top-notch organizational and administrative skills with an ability to execute time-sensitive tasks
- Excellent proofreading, written, and oral communication skills
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- A team player who takes pride in their work
- Interest in learning about and acquiring skills for Development work
- Hybrid, remote, and in-person responsibilities are required. Work in office with the team at least two days a week (or as needed based on calendar).
- Interest in the mission of AJC a plus
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $59,000 to $66,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w1kzcjqq1sduwbo/