Senior Associate, ACCESS Global
Flexible (within the U.S.)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Senior Associate, ACCESS Global will serve an integral role in the planning and implementation the leadership development and development strategy for ACCESS regions and will be a core member of the Alexander Young Leadership Department. Working closely with the Director of ACCESS Global, s/he will facilitate leadership development opportunities for the ACCESS Global Board, work with the Associate Director of Development for Young Leadership to implement the annual ACCESS campaign and develop, implement, and execute donor recognition opportunities. The Senior Associate will serve as a key point of contact between ACCESS and other relevant AJC departments.
The Senior Associate, ACCESS Global does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Work closely with the Director of ACCESS Global in creating a national leadership development strategy to identify Jewish young professionals, engage them in ACCESS, and transform them into leaders in AJC and financial supporters of AJC’s mission.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Development, Alexander Young Leadership, AJC’s Alexander Associate regions, and ACCESS affiliates based in regional offices throughout the United States, as well as abroad, to ensure a streamlined ACCESS leadership and development strategy.
- Design and implement innovative programming opportunities to retain existing ACCESS leaders and recruit new ACCESS prospects.
- In partnership with the Associate Director of Development, Alexander Young Leadership, maintain a culture of giving throughout ACCESS with a focus on developing new opportunities to solicit young leaders.
- In partnership with the Associate Director of Development, Alexander Young Leadership, manage and maintain ACCESS’ donor and relevant programmatic data.
- Work closely with the Director of ACCESS Global to manage the ACCESS Global Board and respective subcommittees, task forces, or working groups of the board.
- Plan and implement ACCESS programming at the annual AJC Global Forum that will help to curate meaningful advocacy and leadership development experiences for ACCESS donors
- Travel on AJC overseas missions and to AJC Regional Offices for ACCESS-focused programming, and to represent ACCESS to political, diplomatic, interreligious, and community partners, as well as AJC lay leadership.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred, and 3-5 years of work experience in the field of Jewish education, social work, leadership development, programming, or advocacy with a focus on young professionals.
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC.
- Outstanding facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Experience with board management and governance.
- Passion for working closely with young leaders, strong interpersonal skills.
- Alignment with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style, with knowledge and passion for the organization’s key issues (including Israel, world Jewry, human rights, international relations, foreign policy, and democratic institutions).
- Strong background and understanding of issues related to Jewish identity, Israel, and antisemitism.
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make difficult decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $53,000 to $65,000, depending on location and relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s9oaq9o09c2i5y/