Resource Development Director
New York, NY
The Development Director will help broaden AJC’s base of support by building and strengthening key professional divisions and handling all aspects of two to three corporate dinners. S/he will work as part of the Resource Development team and be responsible for raising between $3.75-$5 million annually through event-based fundraising and the active engagement of new and existing donors in the work of AJC.
The Development Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Develop and implement strategies for building and strengthening AJC’s presence in the financial, real estate and banking industries, including researching donors/prospects, building committees, identifying honorees, planning parlor meetings, outreach events and fundraising events, recruiting for overall AJC programs, and guaranteeing proper follow up;
- In cooperation with AJC’s leadership, identify and help recruit appropriate honorees around which fundraising events can take place in the financial, real estate and banking industries, as well as other possible opportunities for recognition;
- Develop long-term fundraising approaches for AJC by building relationships with donors in the specific industries by engaging them in AJC’s work;
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual donors at all levels;
- Liaise with members of marketing, communications and graphic design teams to ensure disciplined and clear messaging at all fundraising events and meetings;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five to Seven years professional experience in fundraising with successful track record required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and comfort with all aspects of fundraising, including event-based fundraising, major gifts, one-on-one solicitation, cultivation and prospect/honoree research.
- Ability to work with diverse organizational leadership to build consensus around fundraising strategies and tactics
- Ability to look at a challenge from a variety of perspectives and develop creative approaches
- A collaborative approach to working with internal and external colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of projects and programs; a team player
- Ability to make difficult decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiative, work collaboratively, yet independently, when needed
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace and changing environment
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage date and develop, implement and oversee budgets
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and values
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/ro8jl8a0tnalzq/