Regional Director, Westchester/Fairfield, DRO
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC Westchester/Fairfield is a fast-paced, highly effective Regional Office that connects the local community with AJC’s global advocacy work to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel. Our access to diplomats, elected officials, and interfaith/intergroup leaders at the local level advances AJC’s broader global priorities: combating anti-Semitism, promoting Israel’s place in the world, and countering the spread of radicalism and extremism.
AJC seeks a dynamic, creative Regional Director to:
- Advance AJC’s global advocacy agenda at the state and local level
- Grow the annual fundraising campaign
- Recruit, develop, and inspire lay leaders and donors to AJC
- Establish a highly visible presence for AJC in the media, with elected officials and other political leaders, the diplomatic corps, the Jewish community and the community at large.
The Regional Director must demonstrate strong leadership and an ability to work in close collaboration with the dedicated and engaged professional team and lay leadership. The Regional Director must possess enthusiasm, drive, and the ability to translate his/her own and others’ passions into effective actions and resource development.
The Regional Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the AJC Westchester/Fairfield Regional Office, including budget, staffing, facilities, etc.
- Oversee development activities including major gift funding and annual events; foster a culture of development and client service and identify and raise other revenue streams to support AJC’s mission.
- Execute AJC’s strategic goals and objectives at the local level together with the Regional Board of directors and in coordination with the national office.
- Design and implement advocacy and programmatic initiatives that link the region to AJC’s global advocacy priorities, advance national strategic goals and objectives, and offer a compelling case for involvement with and support for AJC’s work.
- Identify, recruit, develop and inspire lay leadership.
- Serve as a spokesperson and official representative of AJC to the media and to influential stakeholders within the Jewish community and the public at large.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with international diplomats and local, state, and federal policymakers.
- Nurture interfaith and interethnic relationships in the community through collaborative initiatives with strategically selected inter-group partners.
- Motivate and inspire Board members, donor prospects and volunteers.
- Create a cohesive staff team and foster a success-oriented, accountable, collaborative work environment by coordinating assignments, holding regular meetings, directing, coaching, setting expectations, and providing performance feedback to ensure that individual and departmental goals are attained.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree; higher degree preferred.
- 8 -10 years of relevant experience including experience with fundraising, staff and Board management.
- Passion for AJC’s mission including support for Israel, combating of terrorism, ensuring safety of Jews around the world, and promoting human rights in general and an ability to translate others’ passion into effective action.
- Experience with fundraising, donor cultivation, and a proven track record of securing major gifts.
- Confidence as a public figure and speaker within the Jewish and general communities; ability to work with Jewish and non-Jewish leadership in the community and understanding of the state and local political landscape.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking ability.
- Political savvy; strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with important AJC constituencies including political, government, diplomatic, news media, and education, ethnic and religious leaders.
- High energy and enthusiasm – a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to work collaboratively with lay leaders and colleagues, to make difficult decisions, and to implement agreed-upon initiatives.
- Strong ability to cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with board leadership; experience with board management and governance matters; desire and ability to promote and implement the AJC lay-professional partnership.
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation, coaching, and management to staff; experience delegating roles and projects to staff and leading a high-performance team.
- Experience leveraging social media and designing/executing a marketing strategy.
- Availability for evening meetings and willingness to travel on occasion.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r7wasmt03shm3e/