Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Regional Director must demonstrate strong leadership, collaboration and listening skills. The staff and lay leadership are exceptionally talented, dedicated and engaged. The Regional Director will need to work closely and cooperatively with them to ensure that their talents are mobilized and coordinated and that they at all times feel that they are active participants in AJC’s vital work. The Regional Director must possess enthusiasm, drive, and the ability to translate his/her own and others’ passions into effective actions.
The Regional Director of AJC’s Los Angeles’s Regional Office will provide dynamic, visionary creative leadership to:
- Advance AJC’s global advocacy agenda at the state and local level
- Grow the annual fundraising campaign
- Recruit, develop, and inspire lay leaders and donors to AJC
- Establish a highly visible presence for AJC in the Diplomatic Community, the community at large and in other Jewish communal organizations.
The Regional Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
- Manage the AJC Los Angeles’s Regional Office, including budget, staffing, facilities, etc.
- Oversee fundraising activities including major gift funding and annual events; fostering a culture of development and client service and identify and raise other revenue streams to support AJC’s mission.
- Execute AJC’s strategic goals and objectives at the local level together with the regional board of directors and in coordination with the national office.
- Design and implement advocacy and programmatic initiatives that link the region to AJC’s global advocacy program, advance national strategic goals and objectives, and offer a compelling case for involvement with and support of AJC’s work.
- Identify, recruit, develop and inspire lay leadership.
- Serve as a spokesperson and official representative of AJC to influential stakeholders within the Jewish community and the public at large.
- Develop and maintain relationships with international diplomats as well as local, state, and federal policy-makers.
- Nurture interfaith and interethnic relationships in the community through collaborative initiatives with strategically selected inter-group partners.
- Expand the geographic reach of existing office to include neighboring areas and maintain contact with several leaders located in Orange County, CA and Phoenix, AZ.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience including experience and / or familiarity with Jewish community relations, fundraising, staff and volunteer management.
- Passion for AJC’s mission, including:
- promoting Israel,
- safeguarding world Jewry,
- combating anti-Semitism,
- advancing human rights,
- advocating for comprehensive immigration reform,
- advocating for energy security and independence, and
- protecting civil rights and civil liberties.
- Experience with fundraising, donor cultivation, and a proven track record of securing major gifts.
- Confidence as a public figure and speaker within the Jewish and general communities; ability to work with Jewish and non-Jewish leadership in the community and understanding of the state and local political landscape.
- Political savvy; strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with important AJC constituencies including political, government, diplomatic, news media, and education, ethnic and religious leaders.
- High energy and enthusiasm – a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to work collaboratively with lay leaders and colleagues, to make difficult decisions, and to implement agreed-upon initiatives.
- Strong ability to cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with board leadership; experience with board management and governance matters; desire and ability to promote and implement the AJC lay-professional partnership.
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation, coaching, and management to staff; experience delegating roles and projects to staff and leading a high-performance team.
- Ability to manage complex initiatives and oversee budgets, planning and financial management.
- Experience leveraging social media and designing/executing a marketing strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability for evening meetings and willingness to travel on occasion
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/regional-director-los-angeles-2018/