Outreach Associate (Part-Time) One Year Project Position – approximately 3 to 5 hours per week
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
This role engages young professionals who will shape the future of global Jewish advocacy. Working with regional team members, this position will create opportunities for young leaders to engage locally and share national programs.
This position will report to the Regional Director and will also receive guidance from the Associate Director, and will focus on quality individual contacts and quarterly outreach programs for engagement and education.
The Outreach Associate does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Manage, facilitate, and implement outreach to a select group of young leaders who have interest and financial capability to support AJC.
- Create meaningful quarterly programs for this cohort in Philadelphia.
- Establish and maintain close ties to enhance young leadership engagement with regional office through its ongoing work in regional advocacy with elected officials and diplomatic opportunities, connections with community partners from other religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Recruit cohort to attend the AJC Global Forum in Washington, D.C. and offer other relevant national and regional opportunities to enhance engagement.
- Ensure that all contacts/meetings are shared so that information can be recorded in AJC’s database, with the goal being 12 prospects with demonstrated interest in AJC (3 per quarter)
- Bachelor's degree and two plus years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Alignment with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style, with knowledge and passion for the organization’s key issues (including Israel, world Jewry, human rights, international relations, foreign policy, and democratic institutions)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make difficult decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel to regional hubs with young leaders if deemed appropriate.
- Fluency in social media for communication efforts.
The hourly rate range for this position is $22 to $25.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sbl8m9g0iywcpj/