AJC’s Atlanta Office is a fast-paced, highly effective organization that demands creativity, commitment and the ability to build bridges of understanding between the Jewish community and many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism, with being a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The role of Office Coordinator is ensuring that the First Impression is the Right and Best impression.
The Office Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
- Assist the Regional Office Director and all other regional staff with the implementation and execution of advocacy programming, leadership development, and fundraising activities and all other regional office events and activities.
- Coordinate and maintain the regional office calendar including maintaining RSVP lists, reserving and confirming meetings, room assignments, food delivery and wait staff, set-up and clean up as necessary.
- Process all monetary gifts, including credit cards;
- Maintain Campaign Status Report;
- Coordinate all of the logistical details for regional office campaign, including processing of pledges and keeping track of contributions, and inputting lists and data for numerous fundraising events;
- Providing support for the fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, Save-The-Date and invitation design, preparing packets of materials, etc.);
- Keep track of RSVPs and donations for each event.
Leadership Development / Community Relations
- Interact with the board, membership and the public;
- Notify Board & Execs about meetings with a 2 week & 1-week follow-up email;
- Send out bereavement notices;
- Maintain/Update Files/Data in database.
Program Development and Implementation
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, event support, backing up the computer network, monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars, keeping inventory of supplies;
- Maintaining correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs;
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail;
- Scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings and programs including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of RSVP’s, and follow up;
- Handling clerical responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, tables, flyers, newsletters, invitations and brochures;
- Reviewing and ordering supplies including in-house materials for events (e.g., calendars, fact sheets) and preparing materials for dissemination to community partners, lay leaders, donors and prospects.
- Liaison with building management, including Service Staff;
- Process all invoices and payments;
- Maintain/Update Files/Data in database;
- Manage and order office supplies and equipment, including stamps from Post Office;
- Manage, shop, and keep kitchen stocked with necessary pantry items;
- Keep office clean, organized, and attractive (First Impressions).
Personal qualifications and core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills;
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required;
- Well-developed customer service orientation;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through;
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative;
- A team player as well as able to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Passion for the mission of AJC;
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge
- Technical Software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc.);
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours, including early mornings and evenings;
- Sense of Humor.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/q1nrnuk61w49ggc/