Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Office Administrator will serve as both the office administrator and the receptionist. The individual may also take on additional project-based work, as needed
The Office Administrator ensures that the vital administrative functions of AJC’s Washington, DC office are completed, and that the office runs smoothly.
The Office Administrator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Act as first point of contact with guests, vendors, and contractors to the office, greeting them and offering assistance.
- Ensure enforcement of visitor policies among staff and security protocols
- Communicate office visits, events, or deliveries with building concierge
- Answer main telephone line and direct calls
- Maintain master calendars of conference room reservations and enforce related policies;
- Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies keeping both appropriately stocked and orderly.
- Serve as liaison to AJC’s IT vendor in DC and AJC’s IT staff in NY and troubleshoot IT and telephonic issues.
- Process invoices for the DC office and liaise with AJC’s finance and accounting departments in NY regarding invoices and cost allocations.
- Schedule repairs with outside vendors when necessary, researching prices and quality of service.
- Interface with landlord and property management company for maintenance of AJC leased space and timely processing of work orders;
- Assist with processing expense reports for some office staff
- Oversee distribution of key cards, fobs, and keys for staff and in coordination with AJC Security team and building management.
- Monitor set-up and clean-up of office events by office colleagues.
- Ensure kitchens are orderly and clean.
- General oversight of office facility.
- Liaise with AJC’s Director of Facilities, Director of Security, and IT team to ensure upkeep of spaces and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years of relevant experience
- Experience in an office environment as office support staff
- Ability and willingness to deliver “platinum customer service” to guests and callers to AJC;
- Ability to problem solve, be entrepreneurial, work independently, and take initiative;
- Capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and set priorities;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a multi-departmental staff;
- Patience, good spirit, and a sense of humor;
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and communication skills with a particular eye toward detail and precision;
- A demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards and values consistent with those of AJC;
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1r8a19v1j23yeq/