December 6, 2017
AJC NY’s Counselors’ Council breakfast series educates New York attorneys and guests on a range of legal issues related to AJC’s mission, to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel and to advance human rights and democratic values around the world.
AJC NY organizes a fall and spring continuing legal education program.
On Wednesday, March 14, 2018, Hosting Objectionable Speakers on Campus: A Choice or An Obligation? will address if universities have an obligation to provide a safe space for speakers with opinions they may find disagreeable.
Frederick Schaffer, Chair of the NYC Campaign Finance Board and former General Counsel of CUNY and Marc Stern, AJC General Counsel will be the panelists, and Andrew Kleiman, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP and Co-Chair AJC NY Counselors' Council will moderate.
One CLE Credit Provided. The event is being held at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017, AJC NY held Counter Terrorism in an Age of Extremism at Skaden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Counselors' Council is open to members of AJC's Marshall Society and National Leadership Council. For more information on the Counselors’ Council and donor recognition society opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Past programs have focused on topics such as:
- Invoking U.S. Law to Combat Terrorism at Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- After the Deal: Legal Mechanisms for Preventing a Nuclear Iran at Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel
- The Refugee and Migrant Crisis: Comparing U.S. and Jewish Legal Approaches at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, & Garrison
- Israel, America and the International Criminal Court: What does the Future Hold? at Proskauer Rose
- Religious and Secular Courts in Israel: An Unhappy Marriage? at Haynes and Boone