September 24, 2020
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2020-2021 LFT PROGRAM IN WESTCHESTER/FAIRFIELD!
Just go to ajc.org/lftinfo to submit your application.
LFT, AJC's innovative education program for high school students, is designed to empower the next generation of young Jewish leaders to advocate on behalf of the Jewish people and Israel. LFT instills in teens the knowledge, confidence, and passion to serve as positive change-makers among their peers, in their communities, and beyond.
LFT will meet virtually* during the 2020-2021 school year. These monthly interactive, student-centered sessions are facilitated by AJC staff and offer the opportunity to learn about and unpack the most pressing issues affecting today’s Jewish teens.
*During the 2020-2021 school year LFT will be virtual until if/when it is safe to gather in person. At this unique time, students will also have the opportunity to participate in two special nationwide virtual sessions alongside their local sessions.
The Westchester/Fairfield program is open to current high school juniors and seniors.
CRITICAL DISCUSSION AND LEADERSHIP
- A nuanced approach to Israeli history
- Current dynamics of the modern State of Israel
- Jewish identity and the role of being a Jewish advocate
- Combatting rising antisemitism at home and abroad
- Building an advocacy toolkit
- Being a Jewish leader on the college campus and beyond
WHERE WE MEET
- Kansas City
- Los Angeles
- New England (Boston)
- New Jersey
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
Graduates of LFT join a network of students from across the country who share a passion for Israel and Jewish peoplehood. LFT students have opportunities made available to them through our alumni network including advanced acceptance to AJC’s Goldman Fellowship, AJC Global Forum, and other alumni-specific programming for college students.
LEARN FROM GLOBAL DECISION MAKERS
- Cohorts from around the nation have met with Diplomats and Members of Congress
- LFT cohorts travel to Washington D.C. annually to advocate on Capitol Hill and with thought leaders on behalf of the Jewish community
- LFT students have met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other Israeli officia
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- In 2018, the Atlanta Jewish Times selected 18 rising teen stars in the Atlanta Jewish community. Eleven of those chosen were LFT Alumni!
- Alumni have interned at Israeli Consulates and on Capitol Hill
- LFT is represented on the Rep. Tom Malinowski’s Youth Advisory Council (NJ)
- After participating in LFT, students feel more inclined to speak on behalf of Jewish causes
LIFE ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES FOR LFT ALUMNI
- LFT alumni are invited to participate in the Campus Leaders program at the AJC Global Forum
- LFT alumni have assumed leadership roles in their university’s Israel and Jewish advocacy organizations
- LFT alumni have assumed leadership roles in their university’s student government association and other secular organizations
- LFT alumni have selected college majors inspired by their LFT experience (International Studies, Political Science, Judaic Studies)
CAMPUSES WHERE YOU CAN FIND LFT ALUMNI TODAY…
- Brown University
- Colgate University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Florida State University
- Georgetown University
- New York University
- Princeton University
- Tufts University
- Tulane University
- Vanderbilt University
- Washington University St. Louis
- Yale University