New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for developing clear, concise, and compelling copy that communicates the importance of AJC’s advocacy work and helps raise funds to fulfill our mission. The candidate must be versatile in writing for an integrated campaign that includes many different marketing vehicles, such as direct mail, email solicitations, digital components, print collateral, and more. We are looking for someone with exceptional writing skills and a desire to leverage his/her talent to make a positive impact on the world.
The Marketing Copywriter does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
- Write clear and persuasive copy across multiple marketing vehicles, with an emphasis on writing direct mail packages, email solicitations, event remarks, video scripts, printed collateral, and other marketing materials with a fundraising focus.
- Quickly learn AJC’s voice and tone, and ensure that all materials created are on brand.
- Understand how offline and online components work together as part of a campaign and develop cohesive messaging that cuts across all campaign components.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Graphics, and Development teams to brainstorm new campaign ideas that will engage constituents with AJC and inspire support.
- Review and understand direct mail and email performance results. Experiment and learn from both successes and failures, responding quickly with adjustments to messaging.
- Leverage knowledge of the competitive landscape, best practices, and new trends in order to boost the effectiveness of AJC’s fundraising campaigns.
- Take on additional duties to help support the Marketing and Communication team’s fundraising objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Journalism, English, or Communications
- Minimum 5 years prior professional experience as a copywriter with a direct or integrated marketing background, or as a journalist
- Stellar writing, editing, and proofreading skills required
- Experience writing copy across a range of different print and digital marketing vehicles, with an emphasis on fundraising
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with a high degree of creative initiative
- Appreciation for AJC’s mission and the ability to communicate it effectively
- Must be familiar with Israel advocacy and Jewish advocacy
- Qualified candidates must provide writing samples or access to a portfolio of work
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/marketing-copywriter-ny-2017/