Labovitz Associate for Political and Community Engagement (One Year Project Position)
When you work for American Jewish Committee (AJC), you shape the future.
Founded in 1906, American Jewish Committee (AJC) seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC's Atlanta office is thrilled to be hiring our Labovitz Associate for Political and Community Engagement (one year Project Position). This project position begins on June 3, 2024
The two Labovitz Associates will work together to spearhead AJC Atlanta’s political outreach via coalition building with diverse faith and ethnic communities, with a focus on Black/Jewish relations. The Labovitz Associates will be pragmatic team players who are passionate about cultivating meaningful relationships and advancing AJC Atlanta’s political advocacy.
The Labovitz Associates will do all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Fundamental to AJC’s mission is the belief that the well-being of the Jewish community is linked to that of other faith and ethnic groups in the United States and abroad. Pluralism makes us strong, and we are committed to diversity in our communities and organization. We strongly encourage candidates of all faiths and backgrounds to apply for this position. This is an entry-level position.
A day in the life of a Labovitz Associate
- Facilitate a meeting with lay leaders to discuss AJC’s strategy for engaging Atlanta elected officials or candidates for office.
- Set up meetings with HBCU leaders to introduce them to AJC’s Black/Jewish work.
- Plan an interethnic event focused on voting rights
- Communicate with Congressional staff about policy that relates to AJC’s priority areas.
Please note that this is a small sample of activities that the Labovitz Fellow may perform; each day will vary.
- Spearhead AJC Atlanta’s political outreach strategy.
- Cultivate AJC Atlanta’s relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Engage lay leaders who are interested in AJC Atlanta’s political advocacy.
- Coordinate advocacy meetings on behalf of AJC.
- Work with Congressional offices to further opportunities for members of the Congressional Caucus on Black/Jewish relations.
- Manage AJC’s Atlanta/Black Jewish Coalition.
- Expand opportunities for collaboration between the Jewish and Black communities.
- Work with ACCESS, AJC’s young professionals division, and AJC leadership to strengthen AJC Atlanta’s interfaith and interethnic coalition building.
- Build and cultivate relationships with leaders of Atlanta’s Latino, Asian, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish communities.
- Implement best practices to manage AJC Atlanta’s social media, including posts, paid advertisements, and other content.
- Use analytics to drive social media strategy for AJC Atlanta and AJC’s Atlanta Black/Jewish Coalition Facebook pages.
- Manage AJC Atlanta’s regional website and email system
- Generate regular local content to advance AJC’s advocacy priorities.
The Labovitz Associate may be asked to perform additional tasks as directed by the Director and/or Associate Director of AJC Atlanta.
- Team player
- Respect for and interest in working with diverse faith and ethnic communities
- Alignment with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style, with knowledge and passion for the organization’s key issues (including Israel, world Jewry, human rights, international relations, foreign policy, and democratic institutions)
- Knowledge of Black history and community
- Understanding and interest in political growth of non-Jewish communities
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and topics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel occasionally
- Sense of humor
- Fluency in social media or willing to learn
- Bachelor's degree
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary for this position is $47,000.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w1neosaz0g5emu7/