Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Graphics team in AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks an energetic and highly capable Graphic Designer to work closely with AJC’s Creative Director.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for providing outstanding design and production of a variety of print and digital projects, including, but not limited to, newsletters, fundraising and event collateral, websites, email designs, and social media campaigns.
The Graphic Designer does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Design attractive print and digital graphics in conformance with AJC’s style guide
- Interpret copy and provide visual recommendations
- Develop a variety of designs that clearly reflect the desired message in an easily understandable visual format that is both informative and motivating to the intended audience
- Organize and capture all visual requirements necessary to complete each aspect of a design project, including, but not limited to, searching for archived imagery, researching online stock photography houses, and requesting potential new photography
- Oversee changes to all design pieces, ensuring that images are correct and that copy edits are made properly so that correct content is maintained throughout production
- Ensure the final creative-related deliverables are completed on schedule
- Prepare final printer-ready files, submit to printers, and archive files appropriately
- Ensure optimal format and functionality, following AJC file name conventions
- Review/troubleshoot web, email, and social media graphics to ensure all work is properly sized and rendering correctly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or Visual Communications
- 5+ years of experience in print and digital design
- Knowledge of web production standards
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of DAMs a plus
- Willingness to learn new web solutions and programs as required for digital strategies
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, autonomy, and independence
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others to create and maintain a cooperative, successful team environment
- Strong communications and presentation skills in group settings
- Passion for AJC’s mission and familiarity with the organization’s work
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s16o0fuy13sy3tl/