New York, NY
The Coordinator will enable staff to work more effectively towards AJC’s mission by providing optimal working conditions and offer services that are environmentally safe, friendly and cost efficient.
The Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Assist in all aspects of facilities and office services; procure goods and services while tightly managing costs; provide outstanding customer service to employees; furnish accurate information and communications on a timely basis; and ensure all aspects of the building are in compliance with codes. Scope of work includes NY headquarters and all US regional offices. This position has great learning opportunity with potential for growth.
- Day to day upkeep of facilities, acting as liaison between users and building maintenance staff. Maintain mechanic’s list of tasks, follow up to ensure completion of tasks, communicate with and resolve issues for building occupants. Communicate and coordinate with cleaning staff when necessary.
- Assist Director to ensure the NY headquarters is in compliance with local, state and federal codes
- Develop and maintain relationships with tenants, upkeep tenant contact information, invoice tenants for services when required.
- Work with staff, tenants, and outside companies on meeting scheduling, and set ups
- Reconcile expense reports
- Maintain Outlook calendar meeting schedule, distribute weekly schedule, and resolve conflicts.
- Reconcile P-card purchases
- Open and route department mail
- Maintain emergency supplies
- Maintain logging/tracking of power, water, waste/recycling, purchasing, cleaning, copy counts.
- Maintain recycling standards, cleaning standards and educate staff and tenants on LEED compliance.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings by reviewing purchases and seeking new sources
- Consult with and assist regional offices with requirements on their purchases
- Assist Director to manage, maintain and grow existing supplier base and qualify and develop new suppliers
- Directly procure a variety of supplies from various suppliers via e-mail, internet and phone.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, follow up any identified issues, process invoices for payment.
Personal Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: Experience preferable but not required in all or some of the following: facility operations, purchasing, LEED certification and USGBC standards.
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to manage staff and work with internal and external “clients” in a customer service-oriented role.
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and consistency in adhering to policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Dependable and punctual
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- Ability to work with diverse staff
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Familiarity with Concur is a plus
- Willingness to attend meetings and/or work outside of standard working hours on occasion
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r1qr6zxe0rg36bo/