AJC-Adenauer Leadership Exchange Program to Germany
“This program was one of many elements intended to further consolidate German democracy, which is founded on human rights and committed to protecting freedom.”
- Chancellor Angela Merkel, on the 30th anniversary of the AJC-Adenauer Leadership Exchange Program
Germany has become the political and economic crossroads of Europe, and its actions can determine the fate of the continent and beyond.
For more than three decades, delegations of select American Jewish Committee (AJC) leaders have traveled to Germany for a week-long immersive experience. Through unique access to top-level decision makers, participants gain insight into the country’s complex history, culture, and current political atmosphere, while also meeting with their local counterparts.
The program has produced hundreds of ambassadors for German-Jewish relations on both sides of the Atlantic.
The program includes:
- Discussions with German political and civic leaders, including top government and military officials
- Meetings with influential journalists and opinion leaders
- Conversations on such topics as German foreign policy, particularly as it relates to Israel and the U.S.; economic strategies; antisemitism and extremism; and Holocaust memory
- Visits to sites of historical importance, including museums and Jewish community centers, followed by in-depth discussions
- Engagement with leaders of Germany’s Jewish community
Questions? Email email@example.com.