Events & Communications Coordinator
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC Chicago is a fast-paced, highly effective organization that connects our community with AJC’s global advocacy work to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel. Our access to diplomats, elected officials, interfaith/intergroup and civic leaders at the local, state, and federal level advances AJC’s broader global priorities: combating antisemitism, promoting Israel’s place in the world, and countering the spread of hate and extremism.
Our impact extends well beyond Chicago, helping AJC achieve tangible results in the form of government policies, formidable alliances, and tangible legislation. For more than 75 years, AJC Chicago has been a thought leader, convener, and unifying voice, providing a unique and trusted perspective in Illinois and around the Midwest.
The AJC Chicago Events & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the vital details and coordination for events, communications, and office administration that allows the AJC Chicago office to grow and thrive, and it helps support the other positions in the regional office to fulfill their respective duties. Additionally, the Events & Communications Coordinator will function as an initial point of contact and vital ambassador for the AJC Chicago Regional Office.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism, while being a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Events & Communications Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Prepare drafts and edit a wide variety of correspondence and communications, including to the Chicago Board, Committee leaders and members, and broad stakeholder audiences
- Coordinate AJC Chicago’s email marketing communications including monthly newsletters, event, and program invitations
- Curate and post content for AJC Chicago’s social media (Facebook) with consistency in tone, voice, and terminology
- Work with the Regional Director on communications and media relations, helping to expand AJC Chicago’s visibility and reach
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail
- Support AJC Chicago team in planning and organizing events, programs, and meetings; including drafting agendas, preparing program and event invitations and materials, drafting outreach letters to potential speakers, maintaining project timelines for multiple events varying in size and scope, and tracking event budgets
- Process contracts, invoices and payments for caterers, venues, and other vendors
- Track registration and payments in through AJC’s engagement platforms, including Eventbrite, Luminate Online, MS Outlook, and other platforms
- Record RSVPs and attendance in Raiser’s Edge (RE)
- Coordinate post-event follow-up, including thank you emails and other administrative items
Administrative and General Office Support:
- Supervise facility and office logistics (landlord, security, IT, supplies, etc.) and manage vendor relationships
- Organize and maintain institutional records and materials within AJC’s database system (Raiser’s Edge), particularly for AJC Chicago’s advocacy meetings, programs, and events
- Maintain inventory of office supplies keeping both appropriately stocked and orderly
- Process invoices and bills for the AJC Chicago office and liaise with AJC’s finance and accounting departments in NY regarding invoices and cost allocations
- Perform basic office and administrative tasks
- Assist with processing expense reports for some office staff
- Coordinate and research special projects
- Other duties and tasks as needed to support overall office effectiveness as assigned by AJC Chicago’s Regional Director
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Communications and event planning experience is highly valued
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours, including early mornings, evenings, and select weekends
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Bachelor’s degree, high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $48,000.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w10335i9005wjoo/