Events & Communications Coordinator
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC San Francisco is one of 24 regional offices in the United States that advances AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
The San Francisco region plays a particularly important role for AJC in many aspects of the organization’s work. San Francisco has the fourth largest Jewish population in the United States and hosts over seventy diplomatic missions. As a thriving innovation, business, academic and cultural destination, the Bay Area is a key region for building AJC’s strategic relationships.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will perform his/her work while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Manage AJC San Francisco’s email marketing communications including monthly newsletters, event and program invitations
- Draft and post content for AJC San Francisco social media (facebook) with consistency in tone, voice, and terminology
- Optimize organic and sponsored content campaigns
- Execute technical aspects of AJC San Francisco’s fundraising programs and major events, including media and video
- Responsible for critical aspects of fundraising events including vendors, invitations, RSVPs, donations, and correspondence related to before and after fundraising events.
- Oversee sign-up and event registration forms on AJC’s engagement platforms, including Eventbrite, Luminate Online, and MS Outlook.
- Prepare program and event invitations and materials
- Coordinate first impressions for programs and meetings including catering, registration, and other logistics
- Supervise facility and office logistics (landlord, security, IT, supplies, etc.) and manage vendor relationships
- Organize and maintain institutional records and materials within AJC’s database system (Raisers Edge)
- Ensure donor and constituent information within and across various systems is accurate, consistent, and up to date
- Other tasks as assigned by AJC San Francisco’s Regional Director.
- Bachelor's degree, with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Team player with a sense of humor
- Align with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Adapt quickly to change
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and topics
- Attuned communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in communications and/or event management
- Adept at time management with the ability to manage several projects at one time
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel occasionally
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r15bz4xt1vpis3a/