Email Copywriter Specialist
Flexible (within the US)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
American Jewish Committee’s Marketing and Communications Department seeks an experienced email copywriter to improve the agency’s ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with key email marketing audiences.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The position will draft concise email marketing messages and work cross functionally to ensure all emailed content adheres to AJC’s branding, style, grammar, messaging, and content marketing guidelines.
The Email Copywriter Specialist does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Write a wide range of marketing emails that align with AJC’s brand voice and mission for a plethora of audiences, including donors, prospective donors, and grassroots supporters
- In coordination with the Associate Director, Content Marketing, ensure marketing emails are optimized for specific content marketing, marketing funnel, and fundraising goals including language and list segmentation
- Ensure all pieces of the email are readily available prior to email creation and sending
- Collaborate across the agency, as needed, to ensure appropriate messaging and policy language
- Develop, manage, and ensure timeliness of, the agency’s welcome series email marketing messages
- Maintain email editorial calendar and develop processes and best practices, working collaboratively with internal issue experts and the content production team, for the creation of regular email newsletters aimed at key audience segments
- QA email tests in coordination with internal stakeholders and edit and proofread emails for style, grammar, spelling, and clarity
- Serve as an expert is AJC branding, style guidelines, and language best practices
- Generate A/B testing campaigns to optimize email marketing messages
- Identify opportunities for the packaging or the repurposing of premium content to audience segments
- When necessary, provide recommendations or collaborate with the Graphics Department to ensure necessary graphics are created for email communications
- Closely follow relevant news/anticipate upcoming news cycles to brainstorm content that can be leveraged in AJC’s response, in concert with the content production team
- Oversee the agency’s email marketing analytics process and reporting that tracks KPIs; ensure emails contain necessary tracked links and append strings to support reporting
- Three or more years of copywriting experience, at least two years of which include an emphasis in writing email marketing messages;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to write creative, persuasive, and engaging email marketing messages;
- A thorough understanding of AJC’s market and issue areas;
- High level of organizational skills in remote work environments and consistently meets deadlines;
- Familiarity with the principles of content marketing;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends (often on short notice) from time to time;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Understanding of online communications technologies;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community;
- Portfolio will be required.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sejlodl02npkdl/