Donor Relations Associate
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
This position is a full-time position in AJC’s Development Department supporting Donor Relations and reporting to the Senior Development Director and the Director of Donor Relations.
The Donor Relations Associate will assist the Senior Development Director in supporting AJC’s international Institute Boards, which includes mission planning and donor-facing communications. The candidate must have proficient computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills. He/she is also responsible for Donor Recognition Society operations, events, donor stewardship operations, and administrative duties as assigned.
The Donor Relations Associate does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Handling phone calls and emails, processing documents and gifts, organizing and maintaining electronic and hard paper files, entering notes in AJC’s donor database. [Training for proficiency with Raiser’s Edge donor database will be provided.]
- Owning calendar of events for donors; scheduling individual and group meetings, organizing overall virtual and in person donor experience throughout the year.
- Managing Zoom rooms as needed (serve as zoom room host, recording attendance, admitting attendees from waiting room, etc.)
- Leading details related to national fundraising events, including gift tracking (processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, entering data to create systems for tracking donations, reconciling discrepancies in tracked data, etc.) and logistics (venue selection, overseeing budgets, vendor relationships, contracts, invoicing, and RSVPs).
- Maintaining correspondence and documenting files including financial reports relating to projects and programs.
- Interacting with the board, donors, event honorees and attendees, membership, and the public.
- Directing the logistics of donor cultivation and stewardship events such as diplomatic briefings, parlor meetings, and donor stewardship events.
- Working closely with the Donor Relations team in stewarding major donors through the Donor Recognition Societies (DRS) program.
- Joining core planning team for major AJC events such as Global Forum and Diplomatic Marathon, etc.
- Managing the coding of Donor Recognition Society (DRS) and other key memberships in Raiser’s Edge and coordinating activities in cooperation and coordination with the team of staff to ensure VIP treatment for our highest-level donors.
- Join core team responsible for staffing missions, institute board gatherings, etc.
- Attending and staffing select Development events as needed, some may be outside traditional work hours.
- On occasion, may require evening work during the height of the campaign and event prep to assist others in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 plus years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language and good interpersonal communication skills. Candidate will interact with donors and lay leaders
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent proofreading skills; detailed-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service oriented
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and challenging work environment
- Hybrid, remote, and in person responsibilities are required. Work in office with the team at least two days a week (or as needed based on calendar).
- A team player who takes pride in their work
- Interest in learning about and acquiring skills for development work
- Ability to handle independent projects
- Prior experience working for a not-for-profit organization or a related field a plus
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Interest in the mission of AJC a plus
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $54,000, depending on relevant experience and location.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1w4ai5e0u7wee1/