Director, Regional Operations
Flexible (within the US)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Regional Offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence by enhancing the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implementing advocacy initiatives at the state and local level, establishing and sustaining community relationships, and serving as AJC's eyes, ears, and voice on the ground.
The Director, Regional Operations is a senior leadership position responsible for supporting the growth and governance of assigned regional offices, strengthening leadership, advocacy impact, and community engagement. This role requires expertise in management, leadership development and fundraising. The ideal candidate will possess the organizational experience, strategic vision, and communication skills to ensure that the Regional Offices deliver measurable results and are positioned for success and growth.
The Director, Regional Operations does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the national DRO team to create the regional office goals for the entire regional office network.
- Provide direct supervision to several Regional Offices.
- Guide Regional Directors and Regional boards in the creation and execution of AJC’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with reporting regions to maintain budgets.
- Provide strategic, conceptual, logistical and organizational support for regional office initiatives and activities.
- Create and implement strategies for improving efficiencies and streamlining the flow of information.
- Advise Regional Directors and Regional boards on the integration of fundraising and leadership development in regional programming.
- Serve as a key liaison to other National AJC departments and institutes.
Staff Evaluation, Administration, and Supervision
- Provide leadership and oversight to Regional Directors as assigned.
- Enhance effective communication between individuals, departments, and Regions.
- Work with staff and lay leaders in a style that maximizes productivity, collaboration, efficiency, and quality of programs.
- Foster cooperation and teamwork among staff by coordinating assignments, holding regular meetings, directing, coaching and counseling, setting expectations, and providing performance feedback and career development opportunities to ensure that individual and departmental goals are attained.
- Support strategic planning and implementation.
- Foster culture of development within local Regional Offices’ lay leadership and staff.
- Assist Regional Offices in integrating fundraising, leadership development, and programming to maximize AJC’s impact and to promote growth.
- Work with Regional Directors and Regional boards to develop strategies to identify and recruit quality board members from within the local community.
- Assist Regional Directors and Regional boards in formulating effective, high-quality
- Regional board meetings, retreats, orientations, committees, etc.
- Work well with, motivate, and provide guidance and support to lay leadership
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of non-profit management experience
- Advocacy experience preferred.
- Fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically.
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required.
- Team player as well as able to work independently.
- Collaborative approach to working with internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Familiarity with the Jewish organizational landscape a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Ability to travel as needed.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
The salary range for this position is $118,000 to $155,000, depending on relevant experience and location.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w1usuwvl1k0dpnx/