Director, Global Programs
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Director of Global Programs will lead the DC – based Program Development Team in the development of a high level, tailored, and educational experience in Israel that conveys to participants a nuanced and positive viewpoint of Israel, thereby creating advocates for Israel and the Jewish community in various spheres of influence.
Project Interchange (PI) is an institute of AJC. PI serves as a strategic tool for AJC international and domestic institutes, offices, and partners to build strong relationships with key global leaders, educate them regarding the complex narratives of Israel, and ultimately advance AJC’s advocacy efforts.
The Director, Global Programs, is based in Washington, D.C. S/he requires excellent management team building communication, and program management skills, and the ability to work cross culturally. The Director will inspire, motivate and guide a diverse team in successfully implementing a full calendar of delegations to Israel. The Director will also ensure that each delegation receives a customized, nuanced, and educational program that is suited to their specific needs.
The Director, Global Programs does all this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Manage PI Program Development Team in Washington, DC;
- Lead and refine the delegation selection and calendaring process;
- Work closely with the PI Leadership Team to ensure ongoing collaboration between PI, AJC, Jerusalem, programmatic partners, and AJC leadership;
- Monitor adherence to the newly implemented delegation proposal process among AJC partners;
- Serve as primary liaison to AJC Jerusalem for program planning, strategy, coordination and the development of operational systems to improve efficiency and information sharing;
- Set clear goals and outcomes in coordination with AJC Jerusalem and program partners, for each delegation;
- Oversee the process by which the three teams – PI, AJC Jerusalem, and the partnering entity - communicate and fulfill the goals established for each delegation;
- Collaborate with AJC colleagues in Development, Marketing, Communications, Finance, and other relevant areas to maintain timely information sharing;
- Prepare quarterly reports on key performance indicators;
- Develop and/or refine educational materials for participants prior to departure and while in Israel;
- Ensure, in coordinator with PI’s Director of Communications, that delegation materials, itineraries, and relevant background information are accurate, up to date, and branded appropriately.
- Monitor delegation budget process and ensure fiscal responsibility and donor accountability;
- Collaborate with Assistant Director, Business and Resources Development and AJC Development Department on implementation of, and adherence to, donor stewardship and reporting protocols;
- Confirm that databases and budgetary records are maintained and updated;
- Gather impact information for Development Department and PI Director for use in a range of donor reports and proposals.
Personal qualifications and core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred;
- 12-15 years of relevant management and program development experience;
- Ability to effectively manage diverse team of colleagues;
- Proven track record of facilitating and engaging in cross cultural team work and communication;
- Budget management experience including the development of accurate budget projections and oversight of relevant program expenditures;
- Proven ability to employ diplomacy skills and sensitivity in interactions with diplomats, elected officials, journalists, high level university administrators and ethnic and religious leaders;
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, detail-oriented nature and exceptional follow through;
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete a range of assignments in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve;
- Aptitude for synthesizing and applying large amounts of information to better understand and implement program;
- Knowledge of Hebrew is a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/director-global-programs-washington-dc-2018/