Director, ACCESS Global
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Director, ACCESS Global is a critical component of AJC’s Young Leadership department. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation for a new strategic plan to engage Jews between the ages of 22-39 in ACCESS, AJC’s young professional division. With a high-performer in this role, AJC activists will shape the future of global Jewish advocacy.
The Director, ACCESS Global does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
- Overseeing a national program to identify phenomenal Jewish young professionals, engage them in ACCESS, and transform them into leaders in AJC and financial supporters of AJC’s mission
- Managing the ACCESS team, which is based in regional offices throughout the United States, as well as abroad
- Working with the highest levels of ACCESS lay leaders, as well as with AJC senior lay leaders with an interest in ACCESS
- Developing and expanding joint advocacy opportunities with community partners from other religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Traveling on AJC overseas missions and to AJC Regional Offices for ACCESS programming, and to represent ACCESS to political, diplomatic, interreligious, and community partners, as well as AJC lay leadership
- Planning ACCESS programming at the annual AJC Global Forum
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred, and 5-10 years of work experience
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a remote team, including mentoring early career professionals.
- Fundraising experience
- Alignment with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style, with knowledge and passion for the organization’s key issues (including Israel, world Jewry, human rights, international relations, foreign policy, and democratic institutions)
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make difficult decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/director-access-global-2018/