The Development Director will manage key elements of AJC New England’s fundraising program, working with staff and leadership to ensure that AJC reaches its annual revenue goals through annual campaigns, honoree dinners, planned giving, constituency development initiatives, and solicitation of foundations and major gifts. The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a steep growth trajectory and enjoys and an entrepreneurial and highly motivated team that is invested in excellence and committed to building AJC’s presence in the Greater Boston market. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the general programming work of AJC in Boston.
The Development Director does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Development Director Position Responsibilities
Primary Fundraising Responsibilities:
- Manage annual campaign raising an aggregate of over $1.7M; recruit solicitors, assign solicitations and provide solicitation training; track campaign gifts and provide ongoing updates to solicitors; organize special donor events;
- Market planned giving materials to local members and coordinate follow up with national AJC planned giving office; identify and enroll planned giving prospects;
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts, including related events and all aspects of donor management and cultivation;
- Manage development related events, including event strategy, design and mailing of invitations, coordination of event logistics, management of vendor relations, organize and lead solicitation process, and other necessary activities;
- Establish a donor recognition program;
- Work closely with AJC Boston’s lay leaders, and as the primary staff person for the Advancement Committee;
- Manage AJC’s nominations and leadership cultivation efforts;
- Oversee management of gift entry and donor information into national and local database;
- Coordinate with communications staff to ensure effective marketing to donor community;
- Coordinate with program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC’s impact;
- Work collaboratively with AJC’s National Development Department.
- Assist in the planning and execution of general AJC programs and activities;
- Perform other tasks as needed to support overall office effectiveness;
- Participate in the development of annual strategic plan.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues and the objectives of AJC and have strong ties to the Boston philanthropic community. The best candidate will be an experienced, goal-oriented development professional with planning and management skills and a proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 8-plus years fundraising experience that includes major donor solicitation and management, staff supervision, and organization of complex campaigns
- Flexible, creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors and to create new giving opportunities and programs;
- Passion for AJC’s mission (including the safeguarding of Israel and the fight against terrorism and global antisemitism);
- Experienced in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process;
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments;
- Strong organizational, project-management and time management skills, ability to manage data and develop, implement and oversee a budget;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make tough decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives;
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can work independently or collaboratively with professional and lay leadership;
- Availability for early morning, evening and weekend meetings;
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge (or is a proven quick learner) and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rbsiqsw0xfhu41/