The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The Development Associate of AJC’s Washington Regional Office assists the Regional Director of Development with the implementation and execution of fundraising activities including honoree events, donor meetings, and constituent data systems. This position creates an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders. The Development Associate will report to the Regional Director of Development for this office.
The Development Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values:
Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Engage with AJC constituents including donors and partners by serving as the office lead for AJC Washington’s central phone line and mail.
- Enhance donor relationships on behalf of AJC by interacting with board members, prospects, and community partners.
- Responsible for all aspects of major honoree and fundraising events through managing fundraising and outreach events, vendors, invitations, RSVPs, donations, and correspondence related to fundraising events before and after events.
- Coordinate materials for high-level donor meetings and fundraising related committee meetings and events
- Research key prospective donors and honorees
- Process pledges and track donations in Raiser’s Edge and other tracking systems, coordinate list management for donor event invitations, and serve as the lead for database maintenance.
- Responsible for Community Campaign (<$1,250)
- Serve as a liaison to AJC NYC headquarters accounting and to donors on donation specifics.
- Point person for AJC Global Forum registration management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to four years’ experience preferred, particularly in development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills required
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge, Google applications
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rp1riet1uy122d/