Development and Events Coordinator
Miami and Broward
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Development and Events Coordinator of AJC’s Miami and Broward Regional Office assists the Regional Office with the implementation and execution of all development activities and other events and programs; and creates an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders.
The Development & Events Coordinator does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Coordinate logistical details for Miami and Broward’s development campaigns, including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and event participation.
- Handle all administrative details associated with annual development events including but not limited to scheduling meetings, facilitating digital and print invitation, running and analyzing reports, facilitating venue and vendor contracts and payments, corresponding by email, letter and/or telephone/zoom with sponsors, donors and prospects, as well as assisting with programs.
- Work with venue and/or caterer on menu and logistical details for development events.
- Interact with Audiovisual/Tech company or individual to communicate tech needs for in person or virtual events and meetings.
- In coordination with Regional Director, Development Directors for Miami and Broward, Associate Director of Development in Broward, or Development Associate in Miami create timelines for events.
- Provide support for development including but not limited to: scheduling and organizing meetings and programs, invitations, mailings, tracking respondents, preparation and distribution of materials, etc.
- Provide development reports and other database reports as needed.
- Maintain and update donor profiles in Raiser’s Edge in order to ensure that all information remains up to date.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective individual donors. Execute various initiatives to improve operations, processes, and workflows.
- Become expert in managing up -- Develop a strong understanding of the important components of success for the development department and play an integral support role to that success, including anticipating needs of supervisors by monitoring the upcoming work schedule and future events.
- Interact with community leaders, donors, volunteers, faculty and staff while delivering superb customer service
- General office duties, including answering the phone and taking messages, organizing, and prioritizing large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, as well as other clerical duties.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two plus years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Ability to multitask and proactively solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to research, gather, analyze, and synthesize information from sources such as online searches, databases, and files
- A team player, also able to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend meetings outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Demonstrated interest in developing fluency in computer skills listed above as a necessary component of the job
- Experience with planning and assistance of nonprofit events, galas and conferences is a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $46,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w12mkeh1wdgqoq/