Flexible (East Coast Time Zone)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Database Analyst works with specified departments and organizational stakeholders to identify options for improving business systems and helps bridge the needs of the stakeholders and the use of IT solutions. She/he is responsible for maintaining Raiser's Edge (RE) and extracting critical information necessary to support the missions of senior management, fundraisers and the Regional Offices (RO).
In close collaboration with the Business Applications Manager & Business Analyst, the Database Analyst, serves as the primary interpreter of business rules and requirements for technical systems, and is hands-on in maintaining the applications that support a particular business area or specific set of processes. She/he provides reports, both standard scheduled reports as well as responding to specific requests, that support fundraising activities; trains users; contributes to the planning and design of RE data management; troubleshoots RE problems that arise; interfaces regularly with recordkeeping and accounting to ensure data integrity; encourages and promotes use of RE by fundraising and field staff.
The Database Analyst does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Support users throughout the organization in their use of Raiser’s Edge (RE) and related applications through training, coaching and collaboration;
- Assist in the design of queries, exports and reports;
- Manage data imports for all departments;
- Contribute to the planning and design of enterprise data management;
- Troubleshoot technical problems;
- Maintain integrations between RE and other systems, including Cvent, Zoom, and Salesforce using ImportOmatic;
- Perform regular data checks and maintenance to enhance data integrity, including but not limited to duplication management;
- Identify, develop and implement new and enhanced technologies, working closely and collaboratively with end users, department team members and third-party technology providers;
- Troubleshoot as needed
- 3-5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge and other Blackbaud software
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- must be a skilled listener
- Extremely well-developed organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Dependable and reliable with strong improvement focus
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
- A thoughtful team player who can work independently
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward colleagues (“users”) at all times.
- Experience with database reporting such as Crystal Reports
- Previous experience with the following:
- Raiser’s Edge Database and NXT views*
*Certification in Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Previous database analysis experience
- Thorough understanding of fundraising concepts and best practices
- Previous professional experience in not-for-profit sector
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/saotazh1de92w6/