Coordinator, Resource Development
New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Coordinator will assist the Deputy Chief Development Officer and National Associate Director of Development to coordinate the logistical details of a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign, including performing administrative duties, processing pledges and keeping track of contributions, inputting data and creating lists for numerous fundraising events, and providing support for the fundraising professionals. The candidate must have proficient computer skills, exceptional organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate should be a self-starter, be able to take initiative, be organized, possess excellent attention to detail and be able to follow through on projects independently.
- Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and inputting data to create systems for tracking donations;
- Provide support for fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, invitation design, processing pledges/gifts and research on prospective donors and honorees);
- Interact with institute boards, donors, event honorees and attendees, and the public;
- Manage mission registration, including interacting with mission participants; production of mission briefing materials and other mission related tasks, as needed;
- Track the pipeline of restricted gifts and those received;
- Handle donor calls as part of Donor Center;
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings and programs including sending; invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents and donations, and follow up;
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, organize electronic and paper files, as well as other clerical duties;
- Other related duties will be assigned;
- On occasion, will have to work overtime for events organized by the Development Department and to lend assistance to others in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years office experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone skills, tact and diplomacy
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend occasional events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/radnw2i095ewg4/