Coordinator (Part-time Position)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC Dallas is one of 23 regional offices in the United States that advance AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
The Coordinator for AJC Dallas will provide essential support for events, external communications, office maintenance, and be take primary responsibility for the administrative needs of the office. The successful candidate should be flexible, organized, and a team player. The candidate must have professional acumen, agility, energy and be able to reliably handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. As the first point of contact for many AJC constituents, our office coordinator should be an enthusiastic representative of the agency ready to infuse an atmosphere of platinum service for AJC stakeholders into every aspect of their work.
The Administrative Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Organize and manage project timelines for multiple events varying in size and scope;
- Manage contracts and payments for caterers, venues, and other vendors;
- Work with marketing communications department to design invitations and bulk emails
- Track registration and payments in coordination with other staff;
- Assist in tracking event budgets;
- Maintain organized and consistent filing system for all staff coordination and access.
- Provide administrative support for fundraising efforts, including timely processing of pledges and gifts, acknowledgement letters, and tracking cultivation meetings;
- Handle transactions and communications related to pledges and gifts (with the utmost accuracy and discretion);
- Ensure contact information is kept up to date for both new and prospective donors
General Office Support
- Answering the phone, managing routine correspondence, monitoring and maintaining office and community calendars
- Manage and enter data for advocacy and external meetings, media hits and other staff activities;
- Assist in improving and maintaining office décor, storage and renovation;
- Oversee and replenish office supplies as need including ordering AJC marketing and promotional materials from the national office;
- Act as point person for maintaining IT, phone, copying, and other equipment maintenance needs.
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Skilled, detail oriented and knowledgeable about best practices for data entry and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and diplomacy;
- Well-developed professional and time management skills;
- Enjoyment and experience event planning overseeing all stages of development and implementation;
- Strong attention to prioritization and follow-through;
- Positive attitude and team player who also relishes working with independent initiative;
- Passion for the mission of AJC;
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values;
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint, and Sphere and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising or CRM platforms; i.e. Salesforce
- Knowledge of and proficiency in social media
- Ability and eagerness to learn new programs, apps and platforms
- Technical software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, financial accounting software, etc.).
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rjyyedx0qi54m6/